- Boulet SL, Okoroh EM, Azonobi I, Grant A, Hooper WC. Sickle cell disease in pregnancy: maternal complications in a Medicaid-enrolled population. Matern Child Health J. 2013;17(2):200-7.
- Villers MS, Jamison MG, De Castro LM, James AH. Morbidity associated with sickle cell disease in pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008; 199(2):125.e1–5.
- Chakravarty EF, Khanna D, Chung L. Pregnancy outcomes in systemic sclerosis, primary pulmonary hypertension, and sickle cell disease. Obstet Gynecol 2008; 111(4):927–34.
- Afolabi BB, Iwuala NC, Iwuala IC, Ogedengbe OK. Morbidity and mortality in sickle cell pregnancies in Lagos, Nigeria: a case control study. J Obstet Gynaecol 2009; 29(2):104–6.
- Serjeant GR, Loy LL, Crowther M, Hambleton IR,Thame M. Outcome of pregnancy in homozygous sickle cell disease. Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103(6):1278–85.
- Desai G, Anand A, Shah P, Shah S, Dave K, Bhatt H, et al. Sickle cell disease and pregnancy outcomes: a study of the community-based hospital in a tribal block of Gujarat, India. J Health Popul Nutr. 2017; 36: 3.
- Sickle Cell Society. Blood Transfusion. Standards for the Clinical Care of Adults with Sickle Cell Disease in the UK. London: Sickle Cell Society; 2008; pg 69-80
- Charache S,Terrin ML, Moore RD, Dover GJ, Barton FB, Eckert SV, et al. Effect of hydroxyurea on the frequency of painful crisis in sickle cell anemia. Investigators of the Multicenter Study of Hydroxyurea in Sickle Cell Anemia. N Engl J Med 1995; 332(20):1317–22.
- Ballas SK, McCarthy WF, Guo N, DeCastro L, Bellevue R, Barton BA, et al; Multicenter Study of Hydroxyurea in Sickle Cell Anemia. Exposure to hydroxyurea and pregnancy outcomes in patients with sickle cell anemia. J Natl Med Assoc. 2009; 101(10):1046-51.
- Diav-Citrin O, Hunnisett L, Sher GD, Koren G. Hydroxyurea use during pregnancy: a case report in sickle cell disease and review of the literature. Am J Hematol 1999; 60:148–50.
- Byrd DC, Pitts SR,Alexander CK. Hydroxyurea in two pregnant women with sickle cell anemia. Pharmacotherapy 1999; 19(12):1459–62.
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence.Hypertension in pregnancy. The management of hypertensive disorders during pregnancy. NICE clinical guideline 107. London: NICE; 2010.
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Reducing the risk of thrombosis and embolism during pregnancy and the puerperium. Green-top Guideline No. 37a. London: RCOG; 2015.
- Okusanya BO, Oladapo OT. Prophylactic versus selective blood transfusion for sickle cell Disease in pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016 Dec 22; 12:CD010378.
- Elenga N, Adeline A, Balcaen J, Vaz T, Calvez M, Terraz A, et al. Pregnancy in sickle cell disease is a very high-risk situation: an observational study. Obstetrics and Gynecology International. 2016, Article ID 9069054. 5 pages
- Styles LA, Abboud M, Larkin S, Lo M, Kuypers FA.Transfusion prevents acute chest syndrome predicted by elevated secretory phospholipase A2. Br J Haematol 2007; 136(2):343–4.
- Rees DC, Olujohungbe AD, Parker NE, Stephens AD,Telfer P, Wright J; British Committee for Standards in Haematology General Haematology Task Force by the Sickle Cell Working Party. Guidelines for the management of acute painful crisis in sickle cell disease. Br J Haematol 2003; 120(5):744–52.
- Bick DRM. Caesarean Section. Clinical Guideline. National Collaborating Centre for Women's and Children's Health:Commissioned by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing.2004; 1(3):198–199
- Legardy JK, Curtis KM. Progestogen-only contraceptive use among women with sickle cell anemia: a systematic review. Contraception 2006; 73(2):195–204.
- Manchikanti Gomez A, Grimes DA, Lopez LM, Schulz KF. Steroid hormones for contraception in women with sickle cell disease (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2007, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD006261.
Editor-in-chief: Parulekar SV
Co-editor: Gupta AS
Past editor: Chauhan AR
Ulrich, Caspur, Google Scholar, Academic Keys, HINARI-WHO, Scientific Indexing Services, Research Bible, CiteFactor, Infobase Index, Advanced Science Index, International Innovative Journal Impact Factor, Directory of Research Journals Indexing, Directory of Science.